Luxury Dog Friendly Lake District Holiday cottages: WOODSIDE (with Spa access), FELL VIEW (with Spa access) and LOW MILL. The Lake District has something for everyone. From lakes that stretch for miles, to sleepy villages where time has stood still, from houses of historic importance to walks that take your breath away. You can escape the stresses of 21 Century Life and exhale happiness!
WOODSIDE with Spa access is a Luxury dog friendly Lake District holiday cottage in the heart of the Lakes, near Newby Bridge.
- Woodside’s perfect for escaping 21 century life and enjoying quality time with family and friends. Its rural location is fabulous. You can enjoy walking in the hills, sailing on the lakes, reconnect with nature, listen to the stream, and watch the creatures that wander through our garden. This spacious 3 bedroomed cottage has room for everyone, as it sleeps 6, with 2 bathrooms plus downstairs toilet. It was part of English Heritage’s Stott Park Bobbin Mill . You’ll be staying in a piece of history.
- Furthermore, with a Smart TV with Netflix, Amazon Prime (you need your own account) on hand, you can still enjoy all your favourite box sets!
- Moreover, most importantly of all you can relax, unwind and see your cares float away, as you enjoy FREE access to the local Spa (2 miles away) for hot tub/jacuzzi, swimming pool etc. …..Sheer bliss! (N.B. The Spa will be closed for maintainance Fri 5 Jan 2024 for 10 nights)
- And of course you don’t want to leave your dog at home, they’re part of the family. Well at Woodside you can bring your dogs, we welcome up to 2/3 dogs with NO CHARGE
- We have 2 enclosed gardens with a BBQ and fire pit in the summer months for you to enjoy quality time together.
- Furthermore, if you fancy a drink, the dog friendly Lakeside pub cafe bar is a 13 minute walk down the road to Lakeside. Oscar’s cafe is excellent for light lunches and snacks, and the Lakeside Hotel for fabulous meals. Being in the heart of the National Park there are no pavements, as this would spoil this natural World Heritage site, so care must be taken on the road to Lakeside. The lane to Finthswaite and High Dam is quiet and peaceful .
- Woodside is in the Central Lakes so you can easily see all the major attractions of this World Heritage site, and it’s on the quiet side of Lake Windermere, so no queueing in traffic!
- You can forget the car and walk in all directions – it’s a walker’s paradise. You can walk through ancient woodland at Great Knott wood or High Dam lake . Why not walk to Lakeside and take the boat around the lake or walk to the little known lake, High Dam?
- What’s more, we provide towels, tea towels, kitchen pack, travel cot, high chair, baby items etc you’ll have more room in the car.
- 5 mins to the “Walking with Wolves ” Predator experience https://www.predatorexperience.co.uk/. 10 mins to Cartmel, 15 mins to Hawkshead, 15 mins to Bowness on Windermere and 25 mins to Ambleside.
(N.B. The Spa will be closed for maintainance Fri 5 Jan 2024 for 10 nights) 2 miles away from Woodside and 15 mins drive from Fell View in Backbarrow, is Cascades spa, which we provide FREE entrance and leisure passes for for guests who stay at Woodside and Fell View.
Sat & Sun 08.00-19.30
includes: heated indoor pool, jacuzzi /hot tub , sauna, steam room. gym, table tennis room, tennis court and squash court . (Note children under 16 years are permitted to use the pool, table tennis room, squash court and tennis court only)
Also for additional cost is the use of the thermal spa, where therapies are available to book directly with Cascades, including massage, fascials, beauty treatments etc.
FELL VIEW with Spa access – luxury dog friendly Lake District holiday cottage where you can enjoy a village location with award winning dog friendly pub.
- Fell View is a spacious 2 bedroomed cottage that sleeps 4/5
- If you don’t want to leave your 4 legged family member at home , you can bring them too. You’re welcome to bring up to 2/3 dogs with NO CHARGE.
- But most importantly of all you can relax, unwind and see your cares float away, as you enjoy FREE access to the local Spa (15 mins drive away ) for hot tub/jacuzzi, swimming pool etc. …..Sheer bliss!(N.B. The Spa will be closed for maintainance Fri 5 Jan for 10 nights)
- Moreover, you don’t need to miss your favourite programmes on TV as there’s a Chrome cast on the TV for Netfix etc (but you will need your own log in)
- Fell View has a delightful Enclosed private garden with patio for relaxing on with BBQ.
- As we provide, tea towels, kitchen pack, travel cot, high chair, baby items etc you’ll have more room in the car. Towels are £5 per person.
- Fell View is in the Southern Lakes so you can easily see all the major attractions of this World Heritage site and enjoy fell and coastal walks, with walks on the sands at Grange over Sands.
- You can walk to Hampsfell for panoramic views of Morecambe Bay.
- You can marvel at the the Ospreys and Peregrins 10 mins away at Foulshaw Moss and Humphrey Head.
- 1 mile to Wraysholme Tower Cremery for unbelievably good ice cream, butter etc.
- 2 mins to the “foodie” village of Cartmel, where you can find cafes, pubs, restaurants, brewery, cheese shop, bakery, chocolate shop etc.
- 5 mins to Grange over Sands where you can find, amazing tea rooms, award winning butchers and bakers, delightful independent shops to browse in or a beautiful prom to walk along. Or what about a game of crazy golf?
- 15 mins to the “Walking with Wolves ” Predator experience https://www.predatorexperience.co.uk/.
- 25 mins to Bowness on Windermere.
- 35 mins to Hawkshead .
- Fell View is perfect for anyone interested in Cross Bay Walks, Cartmel Races, Cumbria Steam Gathering, Cartmel Show and skydiving at Skydive North West in Flookburgh
So much to see and so easy to get to!
Low Mill – a Luxury dog friendly holiday cottage in the heart of the Lakes, near Newby Bridge.
- Low Mill’s perfect for enjoying quality time with family and friends. Its location is fabulous. You can enjoy walking in the hills, sailing on the lakes, reconnect with nature, listen to the stream, and watch the creatures that wander through our garden. This spacious 3 bedroomed cottage has room for everyone, as it sleeps 5, with a family bathroom plus downstairs toilet. It was part of English Heritage’s Stott Park Bobbin Mill and is next door to Woodside . You’ll be staying in a piece of history.
- With a TV with Netflix, on hand, you can still enjoy all your favourite box sets!
- And of course you don’t want to leave your dog at home, they’re part of the family. Well at Low Mill you can bring your dogs, we welcome up to 2 dogs with NO CHARGE
- 5 mins to the “Walking with Wolves ” Predator experience https://www.predatorexperience.co.uk/. 10 mins to Cartmel, 15 mins to Hawkshead, 15 mins to Bowness on Windermere and 25 mins to Ambleside
- Within Low mill’s stone walls guests will find their every comfort has been carefully considered. With beautiful finishes and the most thoughtful of touches, this cosy cottage simply oozes charm throughout. The high quality interior will ensure that all guests will feel at home immediately at home from the moment they step inside.
There’s plenty of space for you at Low Mill with three bright and airy bedrooms:
Bedroom 1: King size Bedroom.
Bedroom 2: King size or twin 2 foot 6 inch singles.
Bedroom 3: standard Single.
- Besides beautiful accommodation, you don’t worry about on road parking, Low Mill has private parking for 2 cars.
Why Book Direct With Us?
Deal Direct With Owner
No Booking Fees
The English Lake District, So Much More Than Just Lakes.......
For jaw dropping, awe inspiring views, hop on one of the lake cruisers and then if you want, disembark and explore the many Lake District villages .
Experience the incredible beauty of the Lake District by walking one of the many footpaths crossing the fells, which will afford you fabulous views of this unique World Heritage site.
Step back in time with a unique day out on the Haverthwaite to Lakeside steam railway where you can enjoy the thrill of steam and then take a connecting cruise over Lake Windermere.
The English Lake District, So Much More Than Just Lakes.......
For those seeking an adrenaline rush a day in Grizedale Forest in the Lake District is for you. Get on a bike or swing through the trees. For a more leisurely pace take a walking route.
Beatrix Potter’s legacy can be experienced by visiting Hill Top, her Lake District home. This historic National Trust house is the jewel in their crown and not to be missed. Hawkshead has the Beatrix Potter gallery for you to see some of her works.
If you enjoy spectacular gardens and Historic houses of National importance then you won’t be disappointed in the Lake District, with the abundance of places to visit.
Here we share with you a list of great places to visit and things to see and do on your holiday in the Lakes.
See our hand picked recommendations
The definitive what’s on, what to see and do and where to eat and drink in The Lakes.
We are listed on Dog Friendly Lakes.
Please be assured that your personal details are safe with us – as far as we are concerned Spam belongs in a tin!
Please feel free to check out our Policy below ↓
Get our FREE GREAT DAYS OUT IN THE LAKES GUIDE and be the first to know about our special offers and what’s happening in the area.
Contact Us Now
If you have any questions regarding the area, the property or availability please drop us a line
We are here to help
or call Brian on 07990726507 or from abroad on 447990726507
You can also call us on 0121 353 1394