Terms And Conditions Of Hiring Woodside And Fell View Cottages
- For bookings made 60 days or less prior to commencement of date of hire full payment is required.
- Visitors are respectfully asked to take all reasonable care of the property and its contents and leave it as found, in a clean and tidy condition.
- Any visitor with a dog is respectfully asked to ensure
- They are not allowed on furniture downstairs unless on a clean throw
- They are not allowed upstairs and the gate remains in situ. (if you do want your dog upstairs please speak to us BEFORE booking)
- That all deposits are bagged and binned from the garden as we often have families with children staying at Woodsideanf Fell View
- That dog hair is vacuumed up
- Please do not leave your dog unaccompanied in the cottage unless you are confident they will settle .
- We reserve the right to charge you the full cost of replacement bedding & bed linen if paw prints and dog hair is evident, also if extra cleaning time is required to eradicate excessive dog hair.
- Any breakage or damage must be reported to the owner without delay. It is at the discretion of the owner whether a charge should be made for the breakages or damage.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to make sure that none of the cottage contents are removed from the cottage.
- The owner cannot be held responsible for any personal belongings left at the cottage.
- Visitor’s should arrange their own holiday insurance cover in respect of cancellation of the holiday booking due to inclement weather, Force Majeure, injury, loss or damage to personal property, including vehicles left on the premises as no responsibility whatsoever can be accepted by the owners. We would urge you to consider a cancellation plan or arrange your own holiday insurance.
- The balance is due 60 days prior to the holiday commencement date. The deposit is not refundable (unless the holiday is cancelled by the owner), and unless at least 60 days notification of cancellation in writing prior to commencement of the holiday is given, the balance must be paid in full. If the holiday is cancelled 60 days or less prior to the commencement of the holiday a refund of the balance will only be given if the holiday period can be re let.
- The lead member of the party is over 18 years of age.
- At Woodside- There is space to park two cars at the rear of the cottage which is accessible via a slip road. Please do NOT park your cars anywhere else as this is NOT permitted, as the roads at the front and back of Woodside are private roads and you will be asked to move. Extra parking for visitors is available locally and can be secured on arrival.(info will be provided)
- At Fell View–There is space to park two cars at the cottage which is accessible via a slip road. (if 2 cars , one must be parked in garage( dimensions of garage approx 15 foot long by 9 foot 6 inch wide, door opening 82 inches)Please do NOT park your cars anywhere else as this is NOT permitted. Extra parking for visitors is available locally.
- You will allow maintenance personnel, cleaning staff, the Owners and the Owner’s representative reasonable access to the property for the purposes of repair and maintenanc
- Wi fi is provided free of charge providing there is reasonable use for emails, surfing etc Large downloading will diminish availability for other cottage users. Please use the internet responsibly and do not use or download illegal or copyrighted material, as such use is recorded and the user will be accountable for any illegal usage. When accessing the internet on your electronic devices we suggest you ensure that they are protected against possible virus infection. We will review usage at the end of your holiday. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to Plusnet or Openreach planned maintenance or MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control.)
- The renting of the cottage is solely for the purpose of a holiday
We do not have a dedicated EV charging point, nor do we have a power socket, either indoors or outdoors, that is suitably rated, protected and certified as safe for use for charging an EV, or for plugging in a lead that is routed outdoors.
We are therefore unable to allow the charging of EVs on the premises, but we’re happy to direct guests to the nearest available public charging points and can provide this information in advance of arrival on request.
Both cottages are NON SMOKING
Whilst at Woodside or Fell View if you have a problem, please do not wait until you are home to inform us of it. Please give us the opportunity to put the problem right whilst at the cottage by sending a text or email or phoning.
COVID-19 insurance terms and conditions
Firstly, and above everything else, we urge ALL guests to buy appropriate travel insurance. We are not permitted to recommend individual insurers. We believe that some insurance companies are providing cover for Covid-19. Please carry out your own research, the ‘Which’ website may be a good place to start.
In the event of a national lockdown we will offer you a transfer of dates or a full refund. In the case of a transfer of dates if the new dates differ in price to your original dates you will be refunded the difference if your new dates are a lower price or be required to pay the additional cost if your new dates are a higher price.
If we are required to close by the government we will offer you a transfer of dates or a full refund. In the case of a transfer of dates if the new dates differ in price to your original dates you will be refunded the difference if your new dates are a lower price or required to pay the additional cost if your new dates are a higher price.
We cannot offer refunds for disinclination to travel. This means that if you change your mind for whatever reason & choose not to take your holiday we cannot offer you a refund. Please refer to our standard terms & conditions regarding cancellation.
We cannot offer refunds for illness, including Covid-19, personal shielding or self isolation. This means that you must claim on your own insurance. If you do not have insurance please refer to our standard terms & conditions regarding cancellation.
We cannot offer refunds if guests cannot complete their stay, early departure does not warrant a rental decrease.
Please ensure that you follow all Government guidance on travel if you are unwell before arrival. We cannot accept guests isolating at our properties.
If a guest becomes unwell during their stay we ask that they return to their main residence in line with guidance. Please inform us if anyone in the party becomes unwell or has a positive swab for Covid 19 as this will affect sanitiser protocols.
If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example, because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. If they are too unwell to travel, they will be liable for the additional rental for any longer period staying and costs of any subsequent cancellations incurred.
We urge guests to ensure they have adequate Travel Insurance.
*Updated 22nd February 2021