- If you are unable to take up your holiday due to corona virus restrictions we will make a full refund of monies you have paid to us or allow you to consider switching your holiday to an alternative date. If the price for the alternative date is less the difference will be refunded and if the price is higher the extra will need to be paid 56 dates prior to the commencement date if this is possible.
Cleaning, Disinfecting and Sanitising? What’s it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting is more intense than sanitising. Sanitizing is normally sufficient for such items as tabletops and cutting boards, but a disinfectant would be needed for places like bathrooms.
At Fell View and Woodside – we have always undertaken both sanitising and disinfecting – paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom.
However, we will be even more vigilant now to ensure both your and our safety.
In these uncertain times we felt it important to let you know how seriously we take the safety of our guests, our caretaker, Lynne, and her team.
- Lynne has undertaken the certificated Schuelke course “ Environmental Cleaning during Covid 19 outbreak” to work to ensure your safety.
- When Lynne and her team clean, they use gloves and masks and will use the following cleaning products:
- Mirius V1 Professional Antiviral Disinfectant which is a powerful general purpose sanitiser and cleaner featuring a formulation which is proven to kill a range of pathogenic viruses in under 5 minutes.
The bleach-free, non-tainting formula is suitable for use on most non-porous surfaces and, when used as directed, leaves treated surfaces safe and hygienic for human contact.
Mirius V1 Professional Antiviral Disinfectant is also safe for use in food preparation areas.
Made in the UK, it has been independently tested to European Standard BS EN 14476 and is effective (according to BS EN 14476) against enveloped viruses which includes Coronaviruses. This disinfectant also meets the BS EN 1276 standard for effective infection control against harmful micro-organisms including MRSA, salmonella, E. coli and H1N1 flu virus.
Mirius will be used on all hard surfaces including handles, keys, switches, taps etc
- Bleach on hard surfaces eg bins etc
- Milton Sterilising fluid for shower heads to combat Legionella and around the cottages
- Dettol “All in One soft furnishing spray” – for use on sofas etc
- SurSol furnishing and upholstery professional cleaner
- Steam on all hard flooring
- Hot water at 60 degrees for towels, bed linen, kitchen linen
- Please note that in an eﬀort to ensure your safety, we have removed items such as toys, some games and unnecessary ancillary equipment which might harbour Covid-19 and would prove diﬃcult or time consuming to clean. We are sorry that our beautiful cottages won’t be quite the same, but I am sure you understand our situation and hope this doesn’t reduce the enjoyment of your holiday.
- The following items of paper and card, e.g.: books, games, welcome folder , picnic basket etc have been left in the cottage and although can’t be professionally cleaned, we suggest leaving untouched for 72 hours before using them.
- All cushions being used in the cottage are from store and have not been used for at least 3 days.
- All mattresses have Mattress protectors that are from store and have not been used for at least for 3 days
- All duvets have duvet protectors that are from store and have not been used for at least 3 days
- Throw away cloths will be used
- Bleach for your use can be found in the cupboard under the sink
- Liquid soap is available during your stay
As you can see, we have tried to do our part to keep you safe.
It is now time to ask you to do your part to help us and Lynne.
- Please do not travel to the cottage if you suspect any member of your party may have Covid 19.
- Guests showing signs of C-19 whilst staying at Fell View or Woodside are required to go for a test by government administration (phone 911 for nearest centre) . The result of this test must be shown to the owner. If positive then the guest must immediately leave if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason that it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Fell View or Woodside , then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest.’
- The trade waste bin at WOODSIDE should be locked at all times to avoid other people using it. (It is labelled Woodside Cottage. The key is hanging inside the back door)
- Please ensure all crockery, glasses, pots, pans, kitchen utensils, toothpaste mugs are cleaned regularly, either by washing up thoroughly, or by using a high temperature intensive wash setting on the dishwasher(at Woodside)
- Please do not leave any dirty dishes or ancillary items that may be harbouring Covid-19 on your departure.
- On your day of departure, please leave all windows ajar (except the lounge front windows) to aid air flow through the house
- Please leave all internal doors open upon departure
- In line with other cottage agencies, in order to keep Lynne safe when cleaning, please can we request that you strip the beds of sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases ONLY and leave in the laundry bags.
- Please leave promptly at 10am/9.30 am Fridays at Fell View , and if you are planning to leave earlier please let us know so that we can tell Lynne.
- Please do not arrive before 4pm as the cottage will be airing.
- Your participation in these small steps, designed to protect our guests, will help us to ensure that our changeovers can be carried out with the increased diligence that this situation requires, but within the usual time constraints. Thank you very much for your cooperation, have a wonderful holiday and we hope to welcome you back again soon.