- Turn right off the A592 and park your car in the Forestry Commision car park on the right as you are going up the road .
- Gummers How Car Park LA12 8NW
- Walk across the road and through the gate signposted ‘Gummers How’. It’s a lovely woodland walk to start with across a brook followed by a fairly strenuous hill. The path up has been formed into steps . There are lot of steps, and at busy times it can be difficult to pass people who are going up or down the steps!.
- Approximately halfway to the summit, the path splits into two. You can continue left and scramble your way up to the top or turn right behind the hillock and take a more leisurely grassy path upward. I took the easier route and very pleasant it was.
- You soon arrive at the summit (20 mins) and tyou are rewarded with views all around. Find a good place to sit and take in the view before you make your way back down. Either take the same route you took to the top, or make a circuit and chose an alternative route back down.
- This walk is ideal for youngsters. A picnic on the top is a great idea!
Walk Distance: 1.5 miles